Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The Zellers






Hey Everyone!

This was a wonderful week! Well first off on Monday I got to see the Zellers! That was amazing! I love them so much! I was so excited to see them! They first saw us in Target. They knew they could find us in the makeup section. hahah I am such a girl. I actually wasn't there to buy anything for myself. I was just helping my companion pick out makeup. But I received tight hugs! Than we departed after a little of talking and we went our separate ways to allow us to do the things we need to do on p-day. (laundry, shopping, cleaning). Than we met back up at Coldstone. Yummy. :) I love them so much. I didn't want to say goodbye. I'm excited to see them again. 

I had a hard day on Tuesday. I felt really inadequate. I felt like I was so burnt out. I was missing every turn while driving. I was all over the place with my teaching. I felt pretty bummed. I didn't want to end like this. I almost lost it in tears on the way to exchanges. I felt...How can I help other sisters if I can't even help myself?...I realized I needed to just forget about myself and just work. I know the only strength I have left is the Lord's strength. I'll let him carry me. It's a humbling experience. 

I was able to help the sisters in another area find a new investigator. They have like 4 people to teach! They are so timid. They refuse to talk to people after it gets dark. They are really paranoid. The new investigator I found for them was drunk. They might not go back. hahaha He wasn't drunk, but he had been drinking and you could smell it on him. I was teaching about the Restored Gospel and he stops me and says, "I'm sorry, but you have the prettiest eyes I've ever seen." I just paused...said " Thank you." and kept going. hahaha Than he asked the sister if there was something wrong with her because she wasn't talking. She was TERRIFIED that we were even talking to the guy. It was 12 pm. hahahah We were in a trailer park where there were people all around. We were totally fine. 

The next day we had a mission leader council. President is raising the bar again. He really wants our mission to be hitting 100 baptisms a month. Right now we are getting 30 on Average. This month we are at 40 with 1 more week to go. We were shooting to get 60 this month. I like that he pushes us because I can see past the numbers and see souls being saved. We are expected for just the leaders as of now to hit 5 people to sacrament, 4 people on date, and 5 new investigators. It's going to be a lot of work, but I know we can do it. I'm going to really push myself next week even harder. This meeting gave me that push I needed to really up the work. 

We found this new investigator, John Aubry. He is amazing! I got out of the car to go see a less active and I saw him on the bed of a truck talking to another man. I reached in the car and said, "Sisters we need to talk to those men." Sister Noffz said, "I'm on it!" So we go over there and the one guy was Anti-Mormon, but at one point John said, I'm sorry but I can't turn these girls away. So we went back with a member and had one of the most spiritual lessons I've ever felt! He was in tears. I loved it! I was convinced he was going to come to church, we had a ride set up, but he backed out. We stopped by after church and he said he had past memories come back to his mind of what Mormons believed. We talked to him, he at one point said, I think it's time to end here, and we bore testimony and he let us in, and we prayed. We are seeing him tonight :) I'm so excited. I love him so much!

We also have another amazing investigator, John Covington. He is hilarious! The first time we went in there, he was testing us. He would barely let us get a word in. He was singing and pulling out his guitar. It was like a little boy showing us all his toys. At one point. I asked him if he knew, Nearer My God to Thee. He said, I don't know. So I started singing it. I got the whole first verse in and than we bore testimony about how music can invite the spirit. The next lesson we had was amazing and we were able to teach the whole restoration. He came to church on Sunday with his wife who is less active! After church he made us blueberry waffles! We put him on date to be baptized May 4th! He is seriously the best thing ever. I love him. He always gives us hugs. hahah.
Hes like my grandpa. He loved church and told us he will wear a suit the next time. We had to fight him to get him there on Sunday

We also went to teach this girl and her boyfriend answered. Right as he answered, this random huge dog jumped up on Sister Noffz and lifted her dress ALL the way up. hahah I saw everything underneath. I was dying laughing! Than we were talking/ teaching and I asked him what happened to his finger nail because it looked so gross and he said, oil ridge and he lifted it OFF! I literally screamed and almost vomited on his doorstep. What a weird door step. hahaha

We are seeking a lot of part-member families. I have such a strong desire to bring families together forever. It's so important. Baptisms are the FIRST step. It's the Temple that I see these people in. 

I was asked to give a talk in church this Sunday. It went really well. A lot of people asked us to come over so we can teach their children. We were given 12 referrals this week! It was awesome! Everyone said that they were amazed because they said I only looked down at my notes to read a quote. It went really well. After they ran up to us and want us to sing in their choir for the Easter program. 

Our ward mission leader is really excited about the work that we are doing. He said people keep coming up to him and telling him how great we are. I have really fallen in love with this ward. The people are so wonderful and do so much for one another. I love how kind everyone is. I was scared at first because we are in a pretty wealthy area, but the people are so strong in the gospel.

The trio is going well. I am the glue. Hopefully things work out when I leave. haha But I love them both. They are working hard. 

I love you all so much. I am running as fast as I can. I can honestly say, I talked to literally every single person I saw on the streets this week. I'll do it again. 

-Sister Gampe

No comments:

Post a Comment