Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Blessed by Elder David S. Baxter


Hey Everyone!
Alright sooo excited about Jenne' having her baby, Covey! Wow those photos were gorgeous! Usually newborns look all blotchy and squished. haha. His so tiny. I love it.
So I decided to go tracting with one of the new Sisters this week. We knocked on this door, and this man, covered in tattoos answers and he says,
No way is there a God. He would never let all this crap happen." blah blah blah. So I was able to get him to talk a little more and open up about how he has gone to churches and they don't treat him well. We get to talking a lot more and he calls his wife over. She tells us that she was baptized when she was 14 years old.
The man says he doesn't understand why bad things happen to good people and why God would let murders happen. I instantly thought of Alma 24. I asked if I could share a message from The Book of Mormon that would answer his questions. They said yes. They are such a sweet couple that come from a rough area in Aurora, CO. We set up another time to come back. :)
We had a zone conference and Elder David S. Baxter, a General Authority. It was amazing! He talked a lot about loving the people and letting them know that through your prayers. The best part of the whole thing, was at the end he asked, Sister Gage and I, and 4 other elders, the zone leaders, to go into this smaller room for a council. Super pumped! We get in their and we talk about the things that stuck out to us, and at the end we all knelt down together ( I was kneeling literally right next to him!) and he offered a prayer, but in the prayer he started blessing us. He included things like, we would have more joy, we would have more confidence in ourselves and in the work, that we would recognize that we are in this leadership position for a reason, that we would have peace and comfort, that we would be great wives and mothers, and so much more. It was so powerful. I was in tears. When he shook my hand, he said, "You are good. Thank you." I'll never forget it.
On Friday, we went to do service at Dinosaur Ridge. We painted a metal railing. It went well except at the end. We were trying to clean the brushes, but they had NOTHING the clean them with except cold water. haha I was trying to scrap it off, so than I got green paint all over my hands! I looked like I had dinosaur hands. The paint was so sticky! Sister Gage had to drive us home. I had to use nail polish remover to get the paint kind of off. The bathroom smelled so bad! haha. Luckily, we just had the trunk of treat party on Friday night.
We are now teaching this man who is 28, has an alcohol addiction, and just got a dui. His family is from Utah and have probably been praying for him for years. We went to teach him, but he was drunk. He doesn't look or act like a 28 year old. He looks like he is literally 14. Sister Gage and I are very blunt with him. I think everyone in his life has tip toed around him and beat around the bush. My favorite line Sister Gage said to him was, "In order for us to actually have you, we have to see you twice a week, and you have to do everything we say." haha I was dying inside. haha. She's a hoot. I love it. He came to church.

Sunday was so wonderful. Tom received the Holy Ghost. Tom is a different man! He is so happy. I love it. earilier, on Tuesday when we were on exchanges, I felt like we needed to stop by and see Tom. We just stopped by and said hello. He told us he needed to see us because he felt like we were going to drop him since he got baptized. So grateful to be led by Heavenly Father.

We had a lot of less actives at church. It was so wonderful! Sister Jo Hatch was at church. She came back to Colorado to tour her mission. It was so weird to see her again. She is sad she isn't still a missionary.
Well, I love you all so much. I see miracles everyday. Heavenly Father is taking good care of us. Thanks for all your love and support!
Love,
Sister Gampe

No comments:

Post a Comment