Monday, January 27, 2014

Humble Prayer

Hello Everyone!

It has been a great week! We are seeing miracles everyday! We were able to teach many people this week! Many are progressing! Many are being found! 

We had zone conference on Tuesday. I sang a solo. The elders asked me the day before to sing. So I sang, "Live Like You Believe." It went really well. I just prayed before I sang that I could invite the spirit. That helped me not be so nervous.

We were knocking on some apartment doors and this cute chubby hispanic kid starts talking to us. He told us which doors were english speaking and which were spanish speaking. He started following us around like a little puppy. It was hilarious. He started knocking on the doors for us. Just imagine the people opening the door and seeing two missionaries and a little chubby boy. hahaha 

We have been doing a lot of hours at the Jeffco Action Center. It is a place that people donate food and items and they give it to the poor and homeless. It is amazing. The workers love us so much because we work really hard. I cleaned out a dirty fridge that literally made me gag. Most of the volunteers are people who need court service hours. So theirs a lot of Juveniles there. They think it's funny that we volunteer just for fun.  

We have moved into a new home. Sister Grebe. The McCall's home was really far and we kept going over our mile limit. Sister Grebe just recently lost her husband. They were married for over 70 years. She is 94 years old! hopefully we can help her around the house and give her some comfort in her home. Her home is really nice. We have the basement all to ourselves. I'm excited because there is a treadmill! Get my Skinny on!

Bernadine and Ricky are doing really great living the Word of Wisdom! They haven't been smoking, drinking alcohol or coffee. I am really proud of them. We taught them Saturday night and we were really inviting them to come to church. Ricky kept giving excuses. All of a sudden there was a knock on the door. I'm not gonna lie, my stomach dropped. I was so scared his gang was going to come in a get us! But it was this man, Rafael. He walked in with a big smile. They don't even know him very well. Ricky and Bernadine were walking on the side of the road and he decided to pick them up and take them home. He wanted to stop by to check on them. Well he joined us. We were teaching the Plan of Salvation. Than he starts telling Ricky he should go to church. hahaha I seriously think he is an angel! But we are going to get him to go to the spanish ward because he wasn't able to understand to much.

The next day, Bernadine and Rafael were at church. We talked to Ricky since and he says he promises that he will come to church this next Sunday. Ricky gave me a drawing he did in jail. It's really neat. I'll take a photo of it for next week. I love Ricky and Bernadine's prayers. They are the best. So sincere.

Everyone is going crazy over the Broncos. haha It's really funny. Yesterday Sister Vasquez bought bronco clothing. I was going to get a vintage bronco looking shirt/jersey, but I didn't want to spend the money. So i booked it out of the store empty handed. 

Well I love you all so much! Transfers is Tuesday the 28th. I am pretty sure I will be staying in the area. Their not kicking me out yet. 

-Sister Gampe
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment