Monday, January 6, 2014

Alameda Branch

Hello Everyone!
Well this week has been tough. I got my baby on Tuesday! Sister Vasquez. She's gorgeous! She half Filipina and Hispanic. She is from California. She has only been a member for 16 months! That will bring a deeper understanding for our investigators. She is a fabulous teacher. It amazed me the first time we taught the Restoration. The spirit was so strong. We have had ups and downs this week with our relationship, but have learned a lot and worked it out. I'll make sure I have a photo of us together next week.
I am in the Alameda Branch. It involves a lot of transient families. I think that is what it's called. Basically the ward cannot function on it's own, so they call families in different areas to be in the branch. The branch keeps telling me to not get disappointed because blah blah blah. They have such low expectations for missionary work.That's my goal. I'm going to change that. I'm going to talk to EVERYONE. We are going to find so many investigators that they won't know what to do with them. This past week has been hard because NO one wants to let us in because they are busy with Christmas. So starting Thursday, it's on. I'm going to be on fire and the branch will watch me burn.
I'm so excited to Skype my family on Christmas! We will keep it 40 minutes. That time will fly, but I know the Lord will strengthen and bless me, my family, my companion, and the area  when we are obedient.
I've got a pile of packages from so many family and friends. Thank you sooooo much. Surprisingly I have gotten a little more mature on my mission and have not opened them yet. Saving them for Christmas. Before the mission, I would have torn them open the moment I saw them. hahaha The mission changes you in so many ways.
I'm reading The Book of Mormon in 6 weeks. I'm so excited. I'm highlighting everything about Christ. I invite everyone who reads this to also do it. 13 pages a day.
My favorite chapter this week was 2 Nephi 4. It helped me a lot. Fill yourself with Christ's love. :)
Merry Christmas! I love you!
-Sister Gampe

No comments:

Post a Comment