Thursday, December 5, 2013

Heidi Shook's Baptism







Hey Everyone!

Heidi Shook got baptized! She is amazing! She was so happy. She told us that she was going to run home so she could put it as her facebook status. hahaha. The Spirit was so strong at her baptism. It was a little stressful because we were rushed making sure she received all the lessons. She was super ready though. She was a unbaptized mormon for a long time. 

We had Stake Conference this weekend. I loved it so much. The Adult session was really good. The missionaries got to sing at it. It turned out great. I was a little worried and you could tell the director was too. She seemed to be pretty mad that we couldn't practice as much as she wanted. People don't realize how busy missionaries are. There are never enough hours in the day. We had a General Authority there. Elder Vern P. Stanfill. He was awesome. I got to talk to him. He came up to me actually and told me I was doing great work. Our Stake President came up to Sister Pfeifer and I and told us how much our countenance glowed. That was neat. 

We went on some great exchanges. I was with this cute Sister from Reno. She went to BYU-I and we found out we were in the same English class! She figured it out first. I completely remembered her after. She remembered first because I'm loud in class :/ hahaha. We had a blast together. I enjoyed our time because she has struggled with companions and almost went home. It was good to be able to show her how much fun the mission can be. This girl was proposed to 3 times before her mission!!!!! 2 times was with a ring. Needless to say we had some pretty funny conversations. 

I also went on exchange and got to speak Spanish for a day. I told an older man, Santiago that is was Very Fabulous after he prayed! I also accidentally went in for the side kiss. Hermana Smith looked at me funny. Luckily he's in his 70's. hahah oops. I guess I got to into the Hispanic culture. 

We had some awesome lessons this week! Sister Pfeifer set 2 people on Date this week!!!!!!!! I set someone on date last week. So we are praying for Marjie, Susanne, and Ashley

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!! I love you all so much! I am currently so grateful for the people I serve around, the new things I learn, and for this gospel. 

I love you!
-Sister Gampe

No comments:

Post a Comment