Thursday, July 18, 2013

Mission Tour

Hey Everyone!
Wow Colorado is so beautiful. I loved every moment of the scenery! It was so neat to train all the missionaries. I feel like Heavenly Father has a good sense of humor to put me in charge. When Sister Hatch and I would introduce one another she would tell everyone that I have a fetish with licking envelopes. I do enjoy licking envelopes. Is that wierd...alright it is. Well anyways. We got to go all over! We slept on a lot of floors, got to bed way late (not our choice), and woke up way too early. It was so fun to travel with President and Sister Murdock. We got to know them and their daughters Mackenzie and Myken, and also their neice Abby. Mackenzie is 21 years old and has a brain injury from birth. She has the mind of a 5 year old. She doesn't have good short term memory. The whole time Sister Hatch and I tried our very hardest to get her to remember our names. She finally remember the very last day! We were so excited. The trip was very hard on her. They have a wonderful family. The one night we had to stay in a hotel with Myken and Abby. Sister Hatch slept in the bed and I slept on the floor because missionaries can never sleep in the same bed. Hopefully our obedience gives us a baptism! The one night we both were sleeping on the floor. We put a blanket in between us. I got cold, so my feet worked their way on Sister Hatch. I'm a total snuggler. haha We taught the same training 17 times! Whoa that was tough at times. But we did it. My favorite part of the trip was when we got to Meeker! We ran up to the Zellers home and rang the doorbell. Gary yelled come in. As I came in he saw me and yelled, "OH MY GOSH!" and darted towards us and gave me a tight hug! He came charging so fast I thought I broke my face! I loved every moment of it! I missed that beautiful family so much. We got to eat dinner and spend time with them for a little. We then went and surprised Jodene Gardner and the Patersons. That was so much fun. The next morning we went to the Zellers to eat breakfast. That was so fun. We were tired because the night before we had medical issues with one of the sisters. So we didn't get to bed on time and woke up early. We went to Craig for our next training and we got to see Sister Isenhour, Hobbs, Matia, and Sanders all from Meeker! That was so fun! they were in Rifle for a Relief Society Meeting! I heard "Sister Gampe is here!?" from out in the hall while President Murdock was trying to talk. haha. Then we started traveling back towards home. We stoped and trained in Glenwood Springs, Veil, and Frisco. It was so amazing.

While we were in Grand Junction, Sister Hatch and I really wanted to go street contacting. Because of the trainings we didn't have much time to proselyte. (Heavenly Father allowed there to be ALOT of extra time in Meeker. Tender Mercy) We said a prayer that we would be able to talk to someone. We talked to Kurt. He has taken lessons from missionaries before. He loves the Book of Mormon and knows it is true. We has such a wonderful conversation. We sang and he said, "Wow that was amazing! You sound good!, you look good, you smell good!" hahaha funny. So then we commited him to come to church. Were excited to see how that goes with the missionaries in Grand Junction.
When we got back to Lakewood, we wanted to get to work. We found 6 new investigators and taught 9 lessons! We literally only had 1 day! That was awesome work. It's easy to say we were exhausted!
What an amazing experience. Thank you for all your prayers and letters! I love you all so much!








No comments:

Post a Comment