Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Gary Got Baptized!

















Hey Everyone!
The highlight of my mission so far has come! Gary Zellers got baptized! I love that man soo much! I invited him last Friday. I was shaking and terribly nervous. He has been invited before, but didn't feel ready with his questions. I invited him and he said that he would consider it. So I prayed sooooo hard the next couple days. On Monday night he told us that it was time. We instantly knew what he was talking about and gave him a tight hug with tears. It all seemed like a dream!
Sister Kristy Partridge (my trainer) had planned for a month now of coming to Meeker with her family on May 3rd-7th. So she was able to be their for Gary's Baptism.
The Baptism went so well. Sister Partridge and I sang, "I Know That My Redeemer Lives". It went really well. I was so scared I was going to cry and not be able to get anything out. It was perfect. We has a powerful testimony meeting as well. It was so wonderful! Gary said that he has never felt so much love in his entire life. I don't think he can imagine how much I love him or how much our Savior and Heavenly Father love him.
After the baptism we went to Circle Park to have a picnic to celebrate Sister Partridge coming back. There were so many people there. It was wonderful. It was nice to be able to invited investigators to it as well. Laura went with her little boy, Dillon. I think she has a wonderful time. She's developing friends in the ward. We also had our newest investigator, Scott Styles come. We haven't been able to teach him yet because we met him on Wed, but we have an appointment. He has a neat story.
We were helping at the Chamber of Commerce for 2 hours on Wed. Scott came in with a question that had nothing to do with the Chamber of Commerce. He then saw our name tags and asked all excited if we were the missionaries. We said yes. and I told us how he used to take lessons with the elders in a different city. He had to move and love contact. We instantly got his information and asked if we could visit him. Right now he doesn't have a home in Meeker and is just living in his jeep, so we set up a time to visit with him in a members home. He was so sweet. The cool thing was he went to Chamber of Commerce on Tuesday but decided not to go in and ask the question. He went back the next day. That was the only day we were there and we were only there for 2 hours. The Lord guides our lives more than we realize it.
Gary was confirmed at church on Sunday. It was such a beautiful blessing. I wrote down the main points so I can type it out for him.
This week has been very busy! Me and Sister Betts were extremely exhausted and worn out after the picnic on Sat. We were able to teach 22 lessons this week and we have a few potential new investigators.
I love this area so much! I love you all so much! Thank you for all the love and support you give me. Prayers are truly answered! Alma 37:37
-Sister Gampe

No comments:

Post a Comment