Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Sick :(

Hey Everyone!
 
I had to stay inside for 3 days this week! I thought I was going to go insane! I got the stomach flu and wanted to puke all day. I should have put a finger down my throat. The only thing we were able to do was go to the hospital, not for me, but to fax some things to the stake president. I was so weak that Sister Betts helped me just put a long skirt over top of my footie pajamas and put boots and coat on. So yep, I was in the hospital in my footie pajamas :) When Sister Murray saw me there she goes, "Why are you green!?" Sister Betts had to drive after I attempted. But anyways I ended up getting a blessing from ward members. Then the next day was a lot better. but the ward members made me stay in. The next morning Sister Betts was in the bathroom puking. So I took care of her. But after she puked she was fine the rest of the day, but we still had to stay in. Awful.
 
Wasn't General Conference AMAZING! I loved every moment of it. I got to watch it with 3 different investigators who also loved it. We are also going to watch it with Gary's family this week. They went out of town and didn't get to watch it but they saved them all. I'm excited for that. So that will be 4 investigators. The talks were powerful! Thomas S. Monson is so funny!
 
This week I finally stopped being whimpey and talked to Donald about the church more than just simple lessons for the family. I told him almost in tears that I pray for him every night trying to figure out how to approach him because I want him to be an Eternal Family. He opened up and told us that he believes in the lessons, but he can't quit chewing and drinking. Then he said, well I don't know for sure. Which is fine because Hollands amazing talk in conference talked about how it's okay to just believe. Build your fire off of the flame you have.
 
I love my area. I get to stay another transfer! I'm so excited I thought I was going to get transferred for sure. But we are changing a few things. We are now in a newly formed district. It's just going to be Meeker Sisters (us), Rangely Elders, and 1 set of Elders in Rifle. I wish the Sisters in Rifle would be in it instead of the elders! But we will meet in Meeker, which means we won't get to shop at a walmart each week. So we have to shop at Watts which is more expensive and doesn't have much either..:/ kinda stinks because we wont be able to get out of town as much.
 
We taught a powerful lesson about the Plan of Salvation to the Rosendahls. They are such an amazing family that we are getting really close to. They are so wonderful.
 
We caught 2 mice in a mouse trap. The ones that snap on their necks. I had to get the mouse out of the 2nd one because Brother Nielson wasn't home to do it and Sister Betts wouldn't. Once it fell out I SCREAMED so loud. I was so upset. Makes me wanna cry when I see there beady black eyes looking at me. I'm a mouse murderer.
 
This week I got to finish The Book of Mormon! I loved it. I got to read a lot while Sister Betts was sick so I'm already in 2 Nephi. I love finding all these wonderful insights. My Scriptures are mark up crazy!
 
I loved 1 Nephi 16:29 I look at it as reading our Patriarchal Blessings. I've been reading mine lately. It's amazing how much more pops out at me each time I read it.
 
Well I love you all so much! I love our Savior. For everything He has done for me. I love our prophet who leads us. I love the gospel. I know it is true. with all my heart.
 
-Sister Gampe
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment