Wednesday, February 19, 2014

ARC



Oh Hello Everyone!

Guess what!? I got to go on exchanges with Sister Orro, and she's from Australia. No big deal. haha. She was a lot of fun. We had a great day together. We did a lot of service and taught some strong lessons. She's absolutely gorgeous and was happy to wake up at 6 am to work out with me....I think. haha She wouldn't do my insanity, but she did work out next to me doing her own little things. This insanity is kicking my bum. woot woot. 

We are seeing so many miracles everyday. One night, we were driving, and there was a guy walking in the middle of a road. We could tell he was drunk because he was stumbling a little. I was going to drive right past, because why would 2 sister missionaries want to stop for a drunk guy in the middle of the road, but without even thinking my hands turned the wheel and I rolled the window down and asked if we could help him at all. He asked for a ride and we said we couldn't but we would walk him home. He seemed to be really far and was going the completely wrong way. We walked him to a main road. and gave him a mormon.org card and told him which way to go. He thanked us. I hope he finds that card and is blessed to remember what had happened. 

Sister Pfeifer and I gave a training on Finding New Investigators. We did a role play of me being a missionary and teaching a lesson at the door, even after they say they don't have time. haha It went well. I hope it helps the other missionaries out. We have another big training on Tuesday on finding. I think we will do something similar, but add more. I want to help others by role playing getting all their information such as full name, phone number, address. It's amazing how often I'm on exchanges and the sisters don't ask for that stuff. It makes a big difference to call the person before you show up. 

We have been doing a lot of service at the Arc. It's a thrift store. They had a huge .99 cent sale on all sweaters. So we were hanging up alot of sweaters. It was a wonderful opportunity. There was a guy asking me alot of questions about the church and more specifically about the Temple. It's amazing how the mission makes you so much more confident talking about those things. 

We really want to focus on finding families. Most of the people we teach don't have a vehicle or a job. That will be tough on the branch to support all these people. So we will try to find in the more rich areas. Those places are harder. It's sad how income makes such a big difference on the people's hearts and desires to know if the gospel is true. It is true!

Well I love you all so much! Remember to love your life in the moment and not in the future or past. I love This gospel. I know it is true. I love The Book of Mormon. It has changed my heart, mind, and soul. I know it is true. I am almost done reading it for the 4th time. I'm in Moroni. I love how we have a prophet to help us understand Christ's doctrine. 

Eternally,
-Sister Gampe

ps. photo is of the scariest puppet ever that lives in our basement. and me smiling with my squinty eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment