Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Good Bye Sister Partridge








Well I had to say good bye to Sister Partridge today. We were together for 3 months. Boy that time flew! I will really miss her. I cried saying good bye. She served a great mission. Everyone in church was so sad for her to go. She was in Meeker for 9 months! I get my new companion on Tuesday, and in the mean time I am in Rifle with the spanish sisters. Sister Pare' and Encarnacion. They are fun. I am training this transfer. I am really excited about that. A littler nervous too. Training is so important. It starts their mission off. It makes a huge impact. I'm so blessed to have had a good trainer.
Well crazy things happen every week!
Yesterday we were driving and on a turn we slid off the rode a little and ran into a snow bank and couldnt get out. We had our investigator Donald Hobbs pull us out. He made fun of us really bad because we just left their house and he told us to be careful. We were completely fine. It was all slow motion! I told Sister Partridge sorry as we were slidding off. The car and fine as well. The snow was a good cusion. I will be more careful. Lesson learned.
The Hobbs family is really fun to visit. They are so sweet. We begged them to give us a service project. Donald doesn't feel comfortable with us getting dirty doing service. Maybe after him having to pull us out of the snow bank he will let us do the dirty work. haha He did tell us we can look for antlers while picking up trash for service haha I already asked him if he would take Dad and Dane hunting with him on his land. He was all for it.

 Hunter is still getting baptized on Saturday in Meeker. I am so excited for him and his family. So many blessings are pouring onto them.
April decided not to get baptized on the 24th. She told us the night before. Her mom was very concerned for her and told her false beliefs. She still wants to meet with us, but she lives in Vernal Utah so I'm not sure when that will happen. I talked on the phone with her for a while. She asked to talk to me specifically because she feels a connection with me. I don't know why, but it felt nice. I told her how any fear and doubt only comes from Satan and that Heavenly Father only brings comfort. I told her that we can teach her more so she can be more confident. I also reminded her of the feelings she felt while watching the Restoration movie. She was alot more calm and felt better. We we will answer all her questions. She will get baptized in a few more weeks.
Also we helped clean out sheep pens at Anne Marie's house. While we were cleaning the one gave birth to a baby lamb! It was so neat! We also cleaned out the chicken coop. I was gagging the whole time. Nasty animals.  
On Sunday me and Sister Partridge sang "Lord I Would Follow Thee" in sacrament meeting. It went really well. She sang the first verse. I sang the second. We both sang the third in unison. The last verse we sang in harmony. It really brought the spirit into the meeting.
The photos are of Me and Sister Partridge, Hobbs family (I was taking the photo), Baby lamb and me,
Group of Sisters when we met up for Sister Partridge to go to Denver.  , cake decorating, Ward Mission leader and wife,
Well I better get going. I love you all so much!!!!
-Sister Gampe
The last photos are of me and Dillon, Donald Hobbs son. He proposed to me. He's adorable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment